Studies show that 41 million adults in the US get six hours or less of sleep each night.
Many can’t get to sleep, others toss and turn, and more get up in the middle of the night due to pain, cramps, restless legs, thoughts, you name it.
Lack of sleep leads to an increased risk of heart disease and chronic inflammation. Disturbed sleep in men with restless leg syndrome have a 40% increase in risk of total mortality!
Many resort to sleeping pills or even anti-depressants even muscle relaxants. All have been linked to a wide variety of health hazards. Sleeping pills, for example, offer you a four-fold increase in the risk of death and a whopping 35% increase in risk of cancer.
I would like to offer you a much better, more natural way to increase your length, quality, and depth of sleep.
- · Purchase a grounding sheet for your bed:
- o Lying on this sheet recharges your body with negative electrons which are known to have antioxidant properties and giving you an amazing sleep waking you, fully refreshed.
Get checked for adrenal fatigue:
- o These are stressful times. Daily environmental stress throws off our hormone balance leaving us with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, heart palpitations, muscle tension, increased inflammation, gut problems, and an overactive mind, just to name a few. Your day and your sleep will be much improved when this condition is corrected with herbal therapies and regular chiropractic care.
- o Intensive exercise has been known to reduce stress, relax your mind and body preparing you for your day and your sleep. Avoid intensive exercise 2-3 hours before bed as this can keep you from sleeping.
- · Avoid Junk Food Always
- · Avoid Sugar Always
Don’t eat after dinner, especially after 8 pm:
- o Eating refined sugar laden foods will keep you up at night.
- · Avoid all electrical gadgets, computers, t.v., cell phones, etc. at least 1-2 hours before bed.
- · Take a short relaxing walk before bed.
Stay well hydrated, drink 6-8 glasses of pure water daily:
- o Always have a large glass of water by your bedside.
- · Make sure your bedroom is cool, dark, and quiet and is devoid of all electronics.
- · Regular Chiropractic adjustments have been proven to relax your muscles and put your brain into an alpha-healing state.
Supplementation with melatonin has been proven to aid people in sleeplessness:
- o We carry many other natural remedies as well. Let us assess you and support your individual needs.
If you are not sleeping well, ask us for an assessment to find possible internal causes. Remember stress, mental, structural, and chemical are the major culprits. Embrace a good health paradigm. Eat well, exercise, have quality mental stimulation, get lots of sleep, and embrace lots of loving relationships and include regular chiropractic care. See you in dreamland!